Morningtide: A New Day a New Perspective

The change a new day brings and the challenges we face during it. Helping me and others help ourselves.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

This weekend with 2 of my best friends and hubby.

This weekend has been really good.  I've spent the last couple of days with some of my wonderful friends and husband. 

Friday was the day of my mom's would be birthday.  She would have been 55.  I mentioned something about it on Facebook.  Soon there after one of my amazing friends called me to hang out with her.  We went to lunch and then off to Baby's R Us since she's going to have a baby in 6 or 7 months.  She wanted to look at cribs and we got in the store and ended up going down every isle looking at stuff.  We found lots of things we liked.  For those that don't know, I've put baby making on hold indefinitely since I'm not over my mom's death.  So I'm living vicariously through my friends that are pregnant.  :) It's very fun for me and I like being along for the ride.  :)  We shopped and as we shopped we picked things out that each of us liked and talked about her upcoming new little one.  We still don't know what she's having so we just talk and wonder if it will look more like her or her husband and so on.  :) 

After we left Baby's R Us we went to Motherhood Maternity that's right down the street.  We had a blast in the store.  My friend bought a few shirts since she's starting to show and she will need them in the months to come.  While we were in there my friend came out of the dressing room with what looked like a basketball under her shirt.  Apparently they have cushions so you can see what you'll look like 3 months from the day you are shopping with them.  I thought it was too funny.  I stuffed it up my shirt to see what I'd look like pregnant.  And oh my word.  I don't think I like that site.  The idea of my having a tummy bigger than what it is now is just scary.  But it was fun to look and pretend I was preggers for a little while. 

After that I ended up going out with another one of my amazing friends to Walmart.  My friend Jennifer is due any day, and scheduled to have be induced just a few days from now.  So I went with her so that she isn't by herself while out and about. We got to catch up on some stuff.  It's been a while since I've seen her b/c she's been so tired these last few weeks of her pregnancy.  :)

Anyway, during the day on Friday, my wonderful husband called me and wanted to take me on a date.  How sweet is that.  We go on dates pretty often, but I've not really done much to get ready and look cute for him in a LONG time b/c of my depression.   So after I got home from Walmart with Jenn, I took the time to get ready and get on nice cloths and put on make-up and fix my hair and put on my contacts.  All of these things I've not done since a wedding in October.  He was thrilled to see me looking good for him.  I'll have to remember to try more often to look cute.  It's so easy to backslide.

Saturday was pretty good.  I slept most of the day and then hung out with my friend that I went to Baby's R Us with the day before.  We decided it would be a good idea to shave her dog.  I had shaved my dog with week before, but he didn't have a ton of fur on him like her dog did. Her dog had some long hair and it was really matted up.  It took us 2 hours to get him shaved.  We had so much fun though.  There were times she wanted to give up b/c it was taking so long, but I wasn't going to let us give up on our mission to free her dog of all the hair he'd grown.  After 2 hours he came out looking so cute.  Then it was time to sweep up the hair and oh my goodness, my floor was covered with it.  :) After she left, my husband and I settled in and watched some episodes of Criminal Minds which is one of my favorite shows. 

Today has also been great.  I got up about 12 and finally went and got my meds from CVS, something I've been meaning to do all week last week.  Tonight me and the same friend went to see Due Date at the dollar theater.  The movie was too funny.  I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.  You'll laugh your butts off.  :) :)

Anyway, all in all it was a great weekend and I really needed it.  :)  Tomorrow I get to go with Jenn to get her hair cut b/4 the baby arrives.  Then Wednesday she'll be induced and I'll be at the hospital most of the day.  Yay.  I'm so excited.  I love getting to see both of these 2 friends experience the wonder and amazement of pregnancy and one is about to experience motherhood.  I think she'll love it. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home