Morningtide: A New Day a New Perspective

The change a new day brings and the challenges we face during it. Helping me and others help ourselves.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week Review

Wow.

So much has happened this week and I've not posted on anything.  Bummer. I'll just post the highlights.

Tuesday was the birth of my new favorite nephew Kyler Ryan Frost.  I sat at the hospital for several hours waiting on my best friend to have him.  He is so precious.  I'll have to post pictures when I get them loaded on my computer.  He's a cutie.  He was the best part of the week.  I know my best friend is super excited to have him here and is loving being a mother.  I know she's going to be great at it.  I also saw them for a little while on Thursday.  I got to hold him while he slept in my arms.  It made my day. 

I've also gone walking with my puppy three days in a row.  Everyone at the park seems to love him.  Children run up to me just to pet him.  So my walking time gets interrupted, but at least I'm starting to get back to the park to work on and get back in shape.  For those that don't know... I pretty much let myself go while mom was sick and haven't been able to get back into the groove since she passed.  So me getting out of the house and exercising and having fun with my dog has really helped a lot as far as helping my depression and so forth.

Wednesday night I had dinner with my friend Amy.  It was nice.  I don't get to see her much on the week she works. 

My husband has been working all week long.  His schedule has been swapped up due to new hires getting on the job training so he's been home late pretty much every night.  It's been alright though, but it just means I don't get to see him as much in the evening.

Last night we went to see our wonderful friends Brian and Sara.  Sara made my favorite for dinner, baked spaghetti.  It doesn't help with me losing weight, but I didn't eat much all day in anticipation for dinner.  :) We got to spend a wonderful night catching up and playing with their 2 children.  :) :) :) I always enjoy getting to play with children and babies.  It makes my day.  :) :)

Today was not interesting at all.  I barely slept last night and I don't know why.  So after I walked the dog and spent some time watching TV with my hubby, I fell asleep again.  I didn't wake up till 10:30pm.  So I pretty much slept my day away.  Go figure.

Oh and other news.  As well as trying to work on my at home business, I'll start cosmetology school in March.  I had a wonderful week, and on Monday Jenn and I went to get our hair cut by her aunt.  I've known her for years.  We got to talking and I told her how when I was in high school my dream was to be a cosmetologist.  However, I didn't pursue that dream at all b/c no one in my family liked that idea and they always tried to steer me from that and encourage me to pursue other interest.  I listened to them, and now I see where it's gotten me.  I know they didn't mean anything by it, and I was too young and depended on my families opinion too much to actually consider doing something I loved to do.  So I've been working and not loving my work for years now.  I loved it at first, but over time it's just not enjoyable.  After talking with Jenn's Aunt on Monday, I was super motivated to actually pursue my old dream again.  So I stopped by the school here in Fultondale and registered.  I can not being to describe how liberating that decision was.  :) :) :)

I feel so free now to pursue things I like.  I've spent the last month at home sometimes moping around till this last week and a half.  I can not begin to describe how much I've began to look forward to the future in this last week and a half.  It all started when I decided to join internet CEO mom's and see if I could start a business of my own at home.  Once I began listening to the training calls for the job, I began feeling so much better about myself.  It's been a long time since I've gotten some positive reinforcement for me especially when it comes to working.  These training calls are so positive and upbeat.  They make me feel like I can do anything I set my mind to.  It's nice to hear from such wonderful people and to have a support group of people who really want you to succeed.  It's something I haven't gotten in a long time, and it's really making a difference in my life.  I feel better.  I'm excited about waking up and starting the day.  I'm excited about the future, and I really feel as if I'm beginning to move forward instead of staying stuck in the past.  I feel like I've got so many more opportunities available. 

On the down side, I'm not making money yet.  So we are broke, but I know God is in control, and he will help us through this time in our lives.  It could be so much worse, but thankfully it isn't.  I'm so glad that Alex is being super supportive even though it means we may not have money for a while.  I'm glad he's not making me get out and find a job doing something I'd rather not be doing.  :) :) He's a super wonderful husband.  I know we are both stressed about money and that's natural when we are in a position where it's hard for us to make payments on things, but it's nice not having my husband stress me out and pressure me to get out of the house and work.  Under other circumstances he might not be this way.  So I'm REALLY happy he's being supportive of my needs right now.

So tomorrow we may go visit Gardendale First Baptist. We've been trying to find us a church we both like for a LONG time, but we are stuck in a rut and not getting anywhere with that.  I need to find out the times.  I've not been there since they got the new preacher.  Alex isn't fond of big churches, and I'm not fond of small churches, so who knows if this will be something we both like.  But I'm glad he's willing to go tomorrow.  :) Yay.  Please pray that we will find a church we both like and enjoy.  It's been so hard for us, and we've really not done much as far as going anywhere while mom was sick and these last 7 months after her death.  It's been hard, and much easier to sleep in, but we need to get back out there, and find a place to plug in and worship the Lord. 

Okay, so that pretty much sums my week up.  I hope everyone is having a great week and will wake up enjoying the options they have in their future. :) I know I am.

3 Comments:

Blogger bonnie cottam said...

Hey Gina
That is great about going to school to do what you have always wanted to do!

Have a great day1

Bonnie

January 30, 2011 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger WSUE said...

I want to see pictures of your puppy!

January 30, 2011 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm glad you're feeling so good! Call me soon when you have a chance and we should try to do lunch. Not the easiest operation for me right now, but if you'll bear with any infant-screaming that might occur, I'd love to see you!:) I miss you and love you!

January 31, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home