Morningtide: A New Day a New Perspective

The change a new day brings and the challenges we face during it. Helping me and others help ourselves.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stressing the Importance of Relationships

There's so much more to life than waking up, going to work, and making money.  Relationships are key to life.  At one point in my life I never would have thought this was important.  I had plenty of friends, but I was so focused on achieving my goal of getting my B.S. degree.  I couldn't see past that.

Then, as we all know, life happens.  I alway thought I had an ok life.  It wasn't what I would have picked had I had the chance to pick it, but it was alright.  By this point in my life, I'd come to terms with having a disabled mother, and a father that wasn't around.  I did have a grandmother that supported me through everything.  I so took her for granted.

I was going through the 1st bad experience in my life that I realized that people are important and it's not worth it to take them for granted or to treat them badly.  I was 20 when I learned this.  But even though I learned this very important lessen, I pulled away from the people that were most important to me b/c I was so afraid to feel.  I didn't want to get close to anyone because I didn't want to experience that kind of pain ever again.  Little did I know it would be seven very short years till I experienced it again.

I'm not going through my sob story, but I do want to stress the importance of good relationships. Friends are great, but dont' take them for granted.  They will not be around if you aren't willing to put forth the effort to stay in touch with them.  I am personally terrible at keeping in touch with people except for those closest to me.  As I am writing this I am realizing that I need to call people more and talk to them more and keep the friendships alive.  Do not expect the other person to keep the friendship up.

I have recently joined a wonderful work at home business called, Internet CEO Mom's, that stresses the importance of keeping and maintaining relationships.  They have such a positive outlook on life and it's easy to catch the bug and want to have the same outlook.  I feel so fortunate to have found this company.

As I end this though, take a look at those around you and remember how important they are to you.  Tell them.  Show them.  Be a good friend to them.  You won't ever regret the time you've taken out of your day to spend time with those that you care about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home